Monday

Grey Seal Birth

Very Kewl Indeed!
Amplify’d from www.flickr.com

Seal birth 13 (2:32pm)

I was very lucky to be able to watch the
birth of a Grey Seal pup at Donna Nook,
Lincolnshire, on 13 November 2010.

The birth happened close to the fence
in the viewing area of the dunes - too
close for me to get the whole of the
mother seal in frame, so I concentrated
on the business end! The light was
fading as the sun started to dip below
the dunes and I was a bit concerned at
first that she wouldn't manage to give
birth before the light went. She timed
it beautifully! 
It was wonderful to watch and I'm sure
I'll treasure the (many) photos I took.
Seal birth 10 (2:21pm) by nutmeg66Seal birth 13 (2:32pm) by nutmeg66Seal birth 12 (2:24pm) by nutmeg66


Read more at www.flickr.com

Enhanced by Zemanta
blog comments powered by Disqus