Sunday

Dang it's hot here!

Dang it's hot here!
Feel like a slug on a hot asphalt road in the middle of summer!
Any moment now...
It's no wonder most everyone is short here.
They've gone and all melted!
*whine*
Running around in shorts and t-shirt all day is fun..
But naked could be better...
It's stiffling'!

Yesterday Buddah came to me...
Looked at my tennis shoes parked on the floor next to me.
With this sad look,
And asked me if she could wash my sneakers.
So I looked at my sneakers...
All kinda of...
Dark, sown up, glued together..
They were once white...
Wondering if there was a possibility that they could ever look brand new again...
Would a washing help or would it just disintergrate?
I think it needs more glue and thread actually..
I agreed half-heartedly that she could wash them.
I know they don't stink cause ...
Well...Yes i do sniff them on occassion to check...
So here I am on the second day without my favourite sneakers...
Still waitting on the verdict or for them to show up and walk over to me.
I miss my sneakers...
Somehow the new ones I stuck in the back of the closet and are wearing now just don't feel the same.
Old worn things feel good..
They've molded and adjusted..
Those sneakers have a story to tell.
Not to mention everytime everyone looks at them they bring a smile to thier face.
They are sad looking...
But it's the kind where you don't even have to lace them up anymore..
Just slide your foot in cause they fit just right.
I used to have a pair like that eons ago..
I think they were my fourth pair of sneakers..
So hard to find just the right pair.
Nowdays sneakers look so techy...
With pupmps, and strange designs...
And blinking lights!
*sigh*
I miss my sneakers...

0 comments:

Post a Comment